Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Transracial Adoption

Being interested in adoption (at some point I hope), I was all over Rachel's excellent post about it. I had this bookmarked from a few years ago. As far as I know, it's the only case of a black family adopting an Asian child. Now, I know social workers can steer you in a certain direction but how hard can it be to find a black child to adopt? Harder than adopting one from the other side of the world? Don't misunderstand me--I'm not against transracial adoption but the reasons given in this particular case don't ring true for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ariah said...

So, you were disappointed by this women's decision?

9:51 PM  
Blogger Ariah said...

http://web.archive.org/web/20041009112131/www.yammiwear.com/news.htm

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home