Sunday, April 30, 2006

Foreign Films

I've always loved foreign films. Now that Bollywood films are popular I can smugly brag I was into those at least 10 years before everyone else. It might just be me, but it seems there's hardly as many foreign films getting publicity. I don't really go for blockbuster type films. I have to really search for good foreign films, and good foreign films with black folks are harder to find than hen's teeth so I'm lucky Black Girl in Paris blogs about them. In my neck of the woods, my only hope of seeing Les Enfants du Pays is Amazon France.



3 Comments:

Blogger Kiratiana said...

Actually girl,

One of the best ways to see foreign films is through Netflix. When I was a member, I combed the foreign film archive. I saw Orfeu Negro (an incredible French-produced Brazilian film), the new Orfeu Negro, Cidade de Deus (again!)...among others....Get a membership...and yes, there is no way you will Les Enfants du Pays...the movie got canned by every newspaper here!

6:06 AM  
Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

I love watching foreign films, too, and kiratiana's advice sounds good - I've been thinking of starting NetFlix this summer while my husband's working out of state. BUT - that's not why I'm commenting: I wanted to thank you for the link to "50 Strategies for Making Yourself Work" - it has already helped me with work-avoidance - thanks!!

2:16 PM  
Blogger clarafiedwords said...

I used to have an account with Walmart until they got out of the DVD renting business, but I think I will get over to Netflix. Thanks guys.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home